Wearing an elegant black and silver gown, complete with shimmering diamond jewelry, the 26-year-old singer performed an emotional rendition of Selena’s “I Could Fall In Love,” to introduce the evening gown segment of the competition.
The former Fifth Harmony member belted out a beautiful cover of “Dreaming of You” as she was joined by the pageant’s Top 10 finalists ending the performance while hitting a high note and smiling for the crowd.
Selena’s sister, Suzette Quintanilla, praised Ally Brooke’s performance via Instagram.
“Never imagine I would ever ever everrr hear This song sang at a MISS UNIVERSE pageant!” she captioned the clip. “@allybrooke Thank you so much for this! Truly honored you choose this song to honor her.”
The emotional performance comes months after Brooke honored Selena’s memory with a powerful dance of “Dreaming of You,” alongside partner Sasha Farber, during Movie Night Week on Dancing With the Stars.
Miss Universe 2019 Top 10 Evening Gown Competition
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Max Baca of Los Texmaniacs released from hospital to continue COVID-19 recovery
- Michael Salgado announces 25th-anniversary drive-in concert
- Marie Bueno debuts ‘Anticipación’ official music video
- Magali Delarosa releases official video for beautiful mariachi ballad ‘Llorare Por Ti’
- Gary Hobbs plans streaming Christmas special for the holidays