The former Fifth Harmony member performed a stunning rumba with partner Sasha Farber to Selena’s 1995 hit song “Dreaming Of You” during movie night on the dance competition. The Tejano singer was murdered when she was only 23-years-old and became the subject of the biopic “Selena” starring Jennifer Lopez.
Ally Brooke delivered a beautiful dance in tribute to someone who meant so much to her. “I want to give them a shout out, all the Quintanillas. Suzette, we got to see her a few days ago,” she told Erin Andrews after the dance, showing off the “Selena” pin in her hair. “Selena’s in my heart forever. I hope I made her proud.”
The duo scored their highest points of the season so far, scoring 24 points of 30.
Dancing With the Stars airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC. See more on Brooke’s love for Quintanilla in the video below.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Jay Perez invited to perform with Miami Symphony on June 8
- David Beck’s Tejano Weekend premieres ‘La Ronera’ single and video from ‘Dos Exitos’ EP
- Los Desperadoz back on the road, release new single ‘Un Milagro’
- Palomino Fest returns to the Uvalde County Fairplex for Labor Day Weekend 2021
- AB Quintanilla III Y Los Kumbia Kingz Allstarz with Pete Astudillo headline Fiesta de Mayo in Houston Memorial Day Weekend