The former Fifth Harmony member performed a stunning rumba with partner Sasha Farber to Selena’s 1995 hit song “Dreaming Of You” during movie night on the dance competition. The Tejano singer was murdered when she was only 23-years-old and became the subject of the biopic “Selena” starring Jennifer Lopez.
Ally Brooke delivered a beautiful dance in tribute to someone who meant so much to her. “I want to give them a shout out, all the Quintanillas. Suzette, we got to see her a few days ago,” she told Erin Andrews after the dance, showing off the “Selena” pin in her hair. “Selena’s in my heart forever. I hope I made her proud.”
The duo scored their highest points of the season so far, scoring 24 points of 30.
Dancing With the Stars airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC. See more on Brooke’s love for Quintanilla in the video below.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- LaDezz releases soulful single ‘Me Quedo Yo Sufriendo’
- Sonja De La Paz premieres video for sophomore single ‘Se Acabo’ ft. Joe Ojeda
- Frankie J premieres music video for ‘Buenos Amigos’ duet with Lupita Infante
- Bobby Pulido gets personal with fans during livestream celebrating 25-year career, announces concert
- Devin Banda shares sizzling Instagram lingerie photos