This album was a year-long project for the duo while Esmeralda balanced a newborn and her business. She recorded each song from scratch, using her keyboard to record each instrument.
“I laid each track down in layers and then my Dad would help with mixing,” said Esmeralda.
Gilbert Sanchez is Esmeralda’s father and has been a musician since the early 70s. He was a part of many bands during his musical career, playing trumpet and singing. Gilbert released his debut CD, Singing with Soul, in 2006 which features a collection of oldies, R&B, and soulful songs.
Esmeralda Trujillo began her music career in grade school, singing at local talent shows. At 13 years old, she played percussion for a Tex-Mex band in Albuquerque. In high school, she sang and played bass with the school’s Spanish band and was the Drum Major for the school’s marching band. During her young adult life, Esmeralda studied Design for Performance while majoring in Theatre at the University of New Mexico.
In the last decade, Gilbert and Esmeralda have teamed up their vocal and musical talents to perform across Albuquerque.
“It was an honor to produce a CD alongside my Dad, whom I look up to,” said Esmeralda. “We had a lot of fun recording it and I think you’ll hear that excitement as you listen to each song.”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- La Fiebre celebrates release of ‘Histórico’ album with live-streamed concert on June 25
- Siggno takes top two spots of Latin Singles chart with both versions of ‘¿Verdad Que Duele?’
- J.R. Gomez announces lineup for concerts to benefit families of fatal crash
- Tejano Music Awards announces return of Fan Fair for Summer 2021
- Bean & Chisme duo debut ‘Hoodrat Cumbia’ music video