Rivéra shared details on her role in the action-adventure film. “I’m excited, it’s a part that is being written for me,” she told Tejano Nation. “I’m actually going to have more of a dangerous, sexy role.”
“On American Soil” is currently filming at locations throughout Texas and launched a crowdfunding campaign via Indiegogo.
Léna Rivéra is going back to her roots with this name change to reinvent herself for a new chapter in her life.
“I wanted to go ahead and not close completely a chapter but really kind of evolve,” she told Tejano Nation. “I wanted to go back to the roots of my name.”
Léna was a nickname given to her from her late father when she was a little girl. It was taken from her middle name Lynn.
“It’s in honor to my father as well,” she said. “I’m going back to my roots of really who I am. I was always called Léna Rivéra.”
The award-winning singer is also planning new music in 2020. She celebrated the 25th anniversary of her 1994 hit song “Ojos Para Ti” with the release of a soulful ballad version featuring Grupo Stampede in November.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Sonja De La Paz premieres colorful video for ‘Contigo’
- Virginia y Valor debuts with ‘Amor Mio’ album
- Patsy Torres addresses fake news in today’s society with ‘Noticias Falsas’
- Tejano event promoter Jim Luna tests positive for COVID-19, upcoming events tentative
- Tejano music legend Rudy Palacios passes away from coronavirus