“El Gato Negro” will be on the big screen in a new movie titled “On American Soil.” The action-adventure film is about illegal border crossings and dangerous encounters, especially for one ex-border agent.
“We are so happy to have Ruben Ramos on the cast for this film and he has been such a kind and humble personality, his character’s name is Carlos, and I don’t want to give away too much of his character so everyone can see it in the movie,” said Michael L Garcia, Jr., writer and producer for the film. “He is a class act and one of a kind, it’s an honor to have him involved and we are grateful to him for joining the OAS family.”
The movie will begin filming in March and launched a crowdfunding campaign via Indiegogo. You can support the project by clicking here and donate any amount.
Another Grammy winner is expected to join the cast for the movie that will feature young Latino actors. Two more Tejano artists will be a part of the project including singer and accordionist Bree Jimenez and her sister Gabby Jimenez. Bree received a Tejano Music Awards nomination for Best New Artist in 2017 for her debut album “Baila Mi Cumbia.”
“These sisters are so talented musically we can’t wait to see them in their first film,” said Garcia.
Stay up to date on the film’s latest news on the official Facebook page, On American Soil.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- La Fiebre celebrates release of ‘Histórico’ album with live-streamed concert on June 25
- Jarritos and Duolingo Offer Chance to Win Free Premium Spanish Lessons and a Trip for Two to Mexico
- Siggno takes top two spots of Latin Singles chart with both versions of ‘¿Verdad Que Duele?’
- J.R. Gomez announces lineup for concerts to benefit families of fatal crash
- Tejano Music Awards announces return of Fan Fair for Summer 2021