Fiesta de la Flor, the two-day music festival honoring late Latin music icon Selena, has officially been canceled, according to Q Productions.
KIII-TV reports that Joseph E. Valdez, the Public Relations Director of Q Productions, said in an email that “there is no more Fiesta de la Flor festival” when asked about an update on the festival’s search for a new location.
In October, Q Productions announced the festival would no longer be held in Corpus Christi, Texas, but sponsors and the company said at the time they were interested in continuing the tradition in another location.
Fiesta de la Flor was held in the Grammy-winning singer’s hometown over the last five years.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Tejano Super Jam Features Superstar Lineup This Summer in Pearland
- Arhoolie Foundation receives NEA grant to establish Lydia Mendoza virtual museum
- James Arreola of Los Palominos opens up about Uvalde tragedy one year later
- Victoria Barajas continues the family music legacy of Conjunto Baraja de Oro
- My Cultura Announces Second Season of “In Our Own World” Podcast with Emily Estefan and Gemeny Hernandez
I guess that you can milk a certain event and a legacy for too long. Many girls that were named Selena are now mothers and even grandmothers. Their kids have no clue or interest on old Tejano artists or music. Even now many of OUR sons and daughters do not know who Pio Trevino,Pulido,Sunny,Joe Bravo,Little Joe,Patsy Torres,and other groups or performers are.
Sad!!!!! More then sure that the Quintanilla family couldnt get the money they wanted off the festival. It saddens me that people are greedy. So end result CANCELED the whole entire celebration GONE!