Joe Lopez announced his Freedom Tour and will perform on stage for the first time since being paroled from prison in March 2018.
Lopez will make his debut in Houston, Texas at El Rodeo Disco on Friday, December 13, 2019, followed by a show at Richard Borchard Fairgrounds in Robstown, Texas on Saturday, December 14.
More dates were announced for Lopez’s Freedom Tour by his new record label Monterrey Music via social media.
The following dates have been added to the Freedom Tour through the end of December.
Saturday, Dec. 21, Buchanans Music Hall, Palmview, Texas
Friday, Dec. 27, Club Portal, Victoria, Texas
Saturday, Dec. 28, Southside Expo Hall & Pavillion, San Antonio, Texas
More dates are quickly being added to the Freedom Tour for 2020 including the Casablanca Event Center in Laredo, Texas, on Saturday, January 25. Another date is currently scheduled for Feb. 8 at La Hacienda Event Center in Midland, Texas.
Lopez was a part of legendary Grupo Mazz, one of the most popular groups in Tejano music, recording hit songs “No Te Olvidare,” “Estupido Romantico,” “Ven Devorame Otra Vez”, “Que Me Lleven Canciones,” and many more.
The singer was paroled in March 2018 after he served 12 years of his 20-year prison sentence for multiple sex offenses involving his 13-year-old niece. The singer has always maintained his innocence and is working towards exoneration.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Veronique Medrano gives a powerful bilingual rendition of Roy Orbison classic for upcoming ‘Crying’ EP
- Star-Studded “Premios Juventud” Turns Up the Heat Showcasing Latin Music’s Hottest Hits in Awaited Celebration
- Award-winning radio personality Monica Peña joins Tejano Nation as contributor
- Liz Garcia pays tribute to late cousin with ‘Ay Javier’ music video
- Brenda Martinez Launches Sweet Sessories Online Boutique