The latest release, “Extraño Tu Amor,” from Stefani Montiel’s “Amor Supernatural,” which was nominated for Best Tejano Album at the 39th annual Tejano Music Awards shows off her sweet, strong sound as she sings about missing her love.
The slow, emotional ranchera features the traditional Tejano style with brassy background and accordion and showcases Montiel at what she does best, belting out a powerful song while she maintains her smooth, beautiful sound.
“Today we released my last single of the decade ‘Extraño Tu Amor’,” Stefani posted via social media. “From the moment I heard this song it hit me right in the heart and I knew it was special…my hope is that you all think it is too!”
The album “Amor Supernatural” features many dance and cumbia hits for which Montiel and her talented producer/collaborator Gabriel Zavala have become known. But the two get back to their Tejano roots with “Extraño Tu Amor.”
And everyone can relate to the pain and pleasure of which Montiel sings as she remembers a former love – and we soon find ourselves singing along.
Stefani Montiel – “Extraño Tu Amor”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Veronique Medrano gives a powerful bilingual rendition of Roy Orbison classic for upcoming ‘Crying’ EP
- Star-Studded “Premios Juventud” Turns Up the Heat Showcasing Latin Music’s Hottest Hits in Awaited Celebration
- Award-winning radio personality Monica Peña joins Tejano Nation as contributor
- Liz Garcia pays tribute to late cousin with ‘Ay Javier’ music video
- Brenda Martinez Launches Sweet Sessories Online Boutique