The latest release, “Extraño Tu Amor,” from Stefani Montiel’s “Amor Supernatural,” which was nominated for Best Tejano Album at the 39th annual Tejano Music Awards shows off her sweet, strong sound as she sings about missing her love.
The slow, emotional ranchera features the traditional Tejano style with brassy background and accordion and showcases Montiel at what she does best, belting out a powerful song while she maintains her smooth, beautiful sound.
“Today we released my last single of the decade ‘Extraño Tu Amor’,” Stefani posted via social media. “From the moment I heard this song it hit me right in the heart and I knew it was special…my hope is that you all think it is too!”
The album “Amor Supernatural” features many dance and cumbia hits for which Montiel and her talented producer/collaborator Gabriel Zavala have become known. But the two get back to their Tejano roots with “Extraño Tu Amor.”
And everyone can relate to the pain and pleasure of which Montiel sings as she remembers a former love – and we soon find ourselves singing along.
Stefani Montiel – “Extraño Tu Amor”
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Biggest Accordion Shootout Finale in Tejano history planned at Conjunto Festival in Alice on Nov 12 & 13
- Industry ballot for 41st annual Tejano Music Awards now available online
- Tejano Music Awards makes a return to broadcast TV with virtual event on Dec. 11
- ‘Anything for Selena’ podcast receives Best Spanish Language Podcast nomination at iHeartRadio Podcast Awards
- Hispanic Community Leader Martha Llamas Receives NSRC Champion of Freedom Award