Tigerina always wanted to record a Christmas song, “Every holiday season we talk about recording a Christmas song,” he said. “With my busy touring and recording schedule, I never seem to have enough time. This season I wanted to give thanks for all my blessings and made sure to make time to record a special Christmas song.”
Tigerina teamed up for the first time with Castaneda, an artist he truly admires. “Chris is a beast on the guitar and an all-around great artist,” he said. “I’ve always wanted to do a collaboration with him. I never thought it would be on a Christmas song, but when we thought of recording “What Child Is This?” I knew I didn’t want to record it with anyone else on guitar. I knew we could put a new, cool spin on a traditional Christmas song.”
The Christmas tune was produced by Grammy winner Hugo Guerrero at Nightmare Audio Productions.
“Hugo produced my first solo album, “De Mi No Te Olvidaras,” and I trust his talent and creativity,” said Tigerina. “Hugo is a genius in the studio. I think he did an amazing job producing this song.”
Art Tigerina — “What Child Is This?” featuring Chris Castaneda
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Carlos Y Los Cachorros drop quarantine style music video for ‘Vida de Rico’
- Faith is focus of second single from upcoming album from Texas Latino
- BuzzBallz Chili Mango is here, and the name says it all
- Former Los Desperadoz vocalist Eric Lee shares an update on his solo project
- Latin Grammy-winning musician and producer Lorenzo ‘Papo’ Banda recovering after COVID-19 diagnosis