Fans have been anticipating the return of Joe Lopez to the Tejano music scene since the singer was paroled from prison in March 2018. “Llegó Navidad” is a collaboration with other artists from his new record label and is the first music released from the vocalist in over a decade.
Monterrey Music uploaded the music video to its YouTube channel on Friday night.
This is just the latest news on the crooner’s comeback. Earlier this month it was announced a new band was formed to back up Lopez. Three songs were recorded a few weeks ago and dates have been scheduled for the return of Joe Lopez to the stage.
The singer was paroled in March 2018 after he served 12 years of his 32-year prison sentence for multiple sex offenses involving his 13-year-old niece. Lopez, who is a registered sex offender, has always maintained his innocence and is working towards exoneration.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Legendary musician Juan M. Rodriguez of Grupo Romance passes away
- La 45 collaborate with music legend Little Joe to reconceptualize classic hit 'Traigo Mi .45' [AUDIO]
- South TX Homies talk debut single 'Te Vas Te Vas' + more [VIDEO]
- Sun Broadcast Group continues to grow its 2020 Hispanic lineup, adds Tejano Nation show
- Ruben Ramos talks legendary career, upcoming projects + more [VIDEO]