Now Lopez is even closer to releasing new music, as a group of musicians recorded three songs in the Monterry Music recording studios, according to a social media post by Sandra Vallejo, Lopez’s manager.
“Joe Lopez MAZZ and I would like to announce to the WORLD how grateful we our for our blessing to have such talented musicians join our #teamlopez,” she said. “Joe Lopez is very grateful for the return of Alberto Gonzalez, Ben Ramos and Danny Rodriguez, he is excited to have Juaquin Cura and Aaron Holler on board to enjoy our beautiful journey and to be beside Joe making HISTORY!”
“We had an amazing couple of days in our STUDIO (Monterrey Music) the ability to record three beautiful songs was very productive,” added Vallejo. “Joe and I thank you all for working so hard and for the LOVE you all have for The King of Tejano, Joe Lopez.”
According to a post on the official Grupo Mazz de Joe Lopez Facebook page, fans can expect the new music soon.
Lopez was a part of legendary Grupo Mazz, one of the most popular groups in Tejano music, recording hit songs “No Te Olvidare,” “Estupido Romantico,” “Ven Devorame Otra Vez”, “Que Me Lleven Canciones,” and many more.
Lopez was paroled in March 2018 after he served 12 years of his 32-year prison sentence for multiple sex offenses involving his 13-year-old niece. The singer has always maintained his innocence and is working towards exoneration.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- DJ Kane drops video teaser of ‘Con Limon Y Sal’ featuring Erick of Massore and Baby Bash
- Selena true-crime podcast series earns ‘Best Podcast’ at inaugural B+C Awards
- Shelly Lares opens up the vault to offer fans rare, exclusive items
- Rose Elva & The Crew release single and video ‘Solo En Mis Sueños’
- Fauci to address the disproportionate spread of COVID among Hispanics and all minorities in TAMACC webinar