The return of Joe Lopez to performing on stage is a step closer, according Monterrey Music, the singer’s new record label and his official Facebook page.
The social media post on the official Grupo Mazz de Joe Lopez Facebook page said, “The time has come! In December you have to get your boots and hats #TheRoadBegins #SiempreMazz.” Monterrey Music posted a similar message on Twitter.
Another post said, “Follow our path. Very soon the Tejano music of el Grupo Mazz de Joe Lopez in your city.”
Music venues across the state of Texas have also taken to social media to post when the singer will be performing with his new band, who are currently in rehearsals and have recorded three new songs for Joe Lopez.
Lopez was a part of legendary Grupo Mazz, one of the most popular groups in Tejano music, recording hit songs “No Te Olvidare,” “Estupido Romantico,” “Ven Devorame Otra Vez”, “Que Me Lleven Canciones,” and many more.
The singer was paroled in March 2018 after he served 12 years of his 32-year prison sentence for multiple sex offenses involving his 13-year-old niece. The singer has always maintained his innocence and is working towards exoneration.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Frankie J returns to his roots with new album ‘Canciones Que Recuerdo’
- Little Joe to release live concert album ‘Better Than Ever’ on May 29
- New album from Texas Latino is ‘From The Heart Of Texas’ featuring Tejano icons [AUDIO]
- Intocable adds second drive-in concert date in Hidalgo on June 7
- Siggno to release ‘Pelicula Vol. 1’ EP on May 29