Joe Lopez will release a “special surprise” on Friday night, Nov. 29, according to his new record label.
The singer’s new record label, Monterrey Music, made the announcement today via social media that Joe Lopez fans can expect a special surprise at 8:00 p.m.
It’s a holiday tune, “Llego Navidad,” that will debut on the label’s YouTube channel. This is the first music release from the singer since being paroled from prison in March of 2018.
This is just the latest news on the crooner’s comeback. Earlier this month it was announced a new band was formed to back up Lopez. Three songs were recorded a few weeks ago and dates have been scheduled for the return of Joe Lopez to the stage.
Lopez was a part of legendary Grupo Mazz, one of the most popular groups in Tejano music, recording hit songs “No Te Olvidare,” “Estupido Romantico,” “Ven Devorame Otra Vez”, “Que Me Lleven Canciones,” and many more.
The singer was paroled in March 2018 after he served 12 years of his 32-year prison sentence for multiple sex offenses involving his 13-year-old niece. Lopez, who is a registered sex offender, has always maintained his innocence and is working towards exoneration.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Legendary Tejano singer Jimmy Edward passes away at 68
- Jerry Alvarez starts solo career with 'Te Vuelves Loca' single and music video
- Javi Guerra remakes Luis Miguel hit with a cumbia spin
- Quintanilla family, San Antonio leaders to announce 'celebration of Selena's legacy'
- David Lee Garza shares details on surprise performance with Jon Pardi at San Antonio rodeo