Joe Lopez has been away from the music scene for over a decade, but the singer is preparing to make a return, according to his new record label.
Monterrey Music made the announcement via social media on Friday (Oct. 4).
“Joe Lopez is back fully ready to conquer the Tejano audience and the new generations,” said the record label. “He is preparing his return to the stage, as well as the recording of his new singles.”
Lopez was a part of legendary Grupo Mazz, one of the most popular groups in Tejano music, recording hit songs “No Te Olvidare,” “Estupido Romantico,” “Ven Devorame Otra Vez,” “Que Me Lleven Canciones,” and many more.
No official date for Lopez’s return was announced, but Tejano Nation will have more details as they become available.
Lopez was paroled in March 2018 after he served 12 years of his 32-year prison sentence for multiple sex offenses involving his 13-year-old niece. Thes singer has always maintained his innocence and is working towards exoneration.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Eddie Gonzalez on Tejano ROOTS Hall of Fame induction, upcoming music + more [VIDEO]
- Art Tigerina teams with Chris Castaneda on "What Child Is This?" for your holiday playlist [AUDIO]
- Konjunto Kompaz host 2nd annual toy drive on Dec. 6 in San Benito to benefit Toys for Tots
- Grupo Negami on upcoming toy drive, live concert CD/DVD + more
- Destiny Navaira drops 'Entrégate, Entrégate' single + official music video