The GoFundMe page set up by Montemayor’s daughter Edith Montemayor Niño says the veteran musician is still receiving treatment and has a long road to recovery ahead.
“He developed more issues at the hospital that could have been prevented,” said the GoFundMe page. “Still at this time it is undetermined when he will be able to go back to work. I, Edith Montemayor Niño, have had to see my Dad put aside his musical career and shaved ice business in order to assure proper recovery. Due to the injuries, he is needing full-time care. Mom (Velma Montemayor) had to step away from her Job to become that person.”
The family is reaching out to fans, friends, and family the help Montemayor, “Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated. Thank you all for being supportive during this time.”
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Biggest Accordion Shootout Finale in Tejano history planned at Conjunto Festival in Alice on Nov 12 & 13
- Industry ballot for 41st annual Tejano Music Awards now available online
- Tejano Music Awards makes a return to broadcast TV with virtual event on Dec. 11
- ‘Anything for Selena’ podcast receives Best Spanish Language Podcast nomination at iHeartRadio Podcast Awards
- Hispanic Community Leader Martha Llamas Receives NSRC Champion of Freedom Award