The GoFundMe page set up by Montemayor’s daughter Edith Montemayor Niño says the veteran musician is still receiving treatment and has a long road to recovery ahead.
“He developed more issues at the hospital that could have been prevented,” said the GoFundMe page. “Still at this time it is undetermined when he will be able to go back to work. I, Edith Montemayor Niño, have had to see my Dad put aside his musical career and shaved ice business in order to assure proper recovery. Due to the injuries, he is needing full-time care. Mom (Velma Montemayor) had to step away from her Job to become that person.”
The family is reaching out to fans, friends, and family the help Montemayor, “Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated. Thank you all for being supportive during this time.”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Frankie J returns to his roots with new album ‘Canciones Que Recuerdo’
- Little Joe to release live concert album ‘Better Than Ever’ on May 29
- New album from Texas Latino is ‘From The Heart Of Texas’ featuring Tejano icons [AUDIO]
- Intocable adds second drive-in concert date in Hidalgo on June 7
- Siggno to release ‘Pelicula Vol. 1’ EP on May 29