You may remember the iconic scene from the movie “Selena” when Chris Perez added hot sauce to his pizza, now the guitarist has launched his own signature hot sauce, Perez Pepper Sauce.
Perez and partner John Gomez worked with CaJohns Fiery Foods to develop a blend of premium peppers, spices, and ingredients to develop a balance of flavor and fire.
“It is an original recipe and the reviews have been amazing,” Perez told SALive.com. “I couldn’t be happier.”
The hot sauce debuted at an event in San Antonio on Nov. 16, where the sauce quickly sold out.
“The secret is to not make it too hot at this point, eventually I want to make another one that’s hotter,” Perez added. “This is something I want to explore further, different flavors, different products. I’m a barbecue kind of guy, so rubs, things like that.”
Perez made an appearance on the lifestyle television show “SA Live” on Tuesday to promote his new sauce and share recipes for dips, marinades and more featuring his signature sauce.
Perez Pepper Sauce is currently available at Cajohns.com for $8.00.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Legendary Los Fabulosos 4 guitarist Encarnacion Fuentes Jr passes away at 72
- Highly-anticipated Tejanas Unidas En Cristo collaboration ‘Aqui Estas’ officially released
- Hector Gonzalez of Los 2Gs hospitalized in critical condition with COVID-19
- Cindy Ramos returns with romantic “Que Mas Quieres De Mi” single
- Gaby Natale and QuickBooks Team Up to Empower Latino Entrepreneurs Across the Country