You may remember the iconic scene from the movie “Selena” when Chris Perez added hot sauce to his pizza, now the guitarist has launched his own signature hot sauce, Perez Pepper Sauce.
Perez and partner John Gomez worked with CaJohns Fiery Foods to develop a blend of premium peppers, spices, and ingredients to develop a balance of flavor and fire.
“It is an original recipe and the reviews have been amazing,” Perez told SALive.com. “I couldn’t be happier.”
The hot sauce debuted at an event in San Antonio on Nov. 16, where the sauce quickly sold out.
“The secret is to not make it too hot at this point, eventually I want to make another one that’s hotter,” Perez added. “This is something I want to explore further, different flavors, different products. I’m a barbecue kind of guy, so rubs, things like that.”
Perez made an appearance on the lifestyle television show “SA Live” on Tuesday to promote his new sauce and share recipes for dips, marinades and more featuring his signature sauce.
Perez Pepper Sauce is currently available at Cajohns.com for $8.00.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- J.R. Gomez announces lineup for concerts to benefit families of fatal crash
- Tejano Music Awards announces return of Fan Fair for Summer 2021
- Javier Galvan remains hospitalized in critical condition days after fatal crash
- Governor Abbott Announces El Paso Designated As Music Friendly Community
- Sonja De La Paz ramping up solo debut album