“Today the Lopez family is proud to announce that in the next 30 days we will be bringing Tejano back to the fourth largest city in the United States Houston Texas,” said Carlos Lopez. “Tejano music is part of our culture of who we are as a community.”
The Tejano format left Houston in 2001 when KQQK 106.5 FM, once the dominate Tejano station in the city, flipped to a Spanish Pop format.
“We’re grateful to God for this blessing this opportunity of this brand new radio station in H-Town which is home to our Houston Astros Houston Rockets and Houston Texans,” added Lopez. “The Lopez Family will dedicate itself in preserving our Tejano music, our Tejano culture, our Tejano history, and more importantly our Tejano future.”
The Lopez family currently owns and operates radio stations and TV stations throughout south Texas including Tejano Nation radio affiliates KLMO 98.9 in San Antonio, Texas, Majic 95.9 in Victoria, Texas, and Majic 104.9 in Corpus Christi, Texas. The company is community oriented, helping those in need with food drives and more.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- General public ballot available online for 42nd annual Tejano Music Awards
- IPSY Names Global Popstar, Actress, and Treslúce Beauty Founder Becky G as Next Glam Bag X Curator
- Tejano 360 Network adds Shelly Lares hosted ‘Tejano Today’ to its streaming programs
- David Farias reveals a recent health scare that required surgery
- AccessAbility Fest celebrates 16 years with performances from Sunny Sauceda, Alizé Niño + more