Tina Mares released her new single and music video, “Lo Que Un Día Soñé,” on Sept. 22.
“Basically the song is about being friend-zoned,” Mares tells Tejano Nation. “Obviously it’s more common with females friend-zoning men. I thought I’d try something different where the female is the one that gets friend-zoned.”
The video was filmed in Las Vegas, Nevada by Laredo-based Interline Films and directed by Roel Nava.
During filming in Sin City, Mares was surprised by her man, musician Billy Silva.
“I got married,” exclaimed Mares. “It was totally a surprise! I expected it but didn’t expect it to be that soon.”
Mares and Silva tied the knot Vegas-style with a drive-thru marriage ceremony, but the couple plan to celebrate with family and friends with a big-time wedding ceremony in October 2021. The couple welcomed a baby boy in August 2017.
The singer is also working on a full album, including a duet with a surprise female artist that she’s keeping a secret for now.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Funko fanatics leak 2021 list that includes Selena POP! figure
- Legacy of Emilio Navaira to be celebrated at Onda Live! Chicano Music + Culture Fest on Oct. 29
- Billboard ranks Selena as Greatest of All-Time Latin Female Artist
- All-star lineup celebrates birthday for Tejano ROOTS Hall of Fame promoter Jim Luna
- Plans to demolish iconic La Mafia recording studio for Houston highway expansion