Tina Mares released her new single and music video, “Lo Que Un Día Soñé,” on Sept. 22.
“Basically the song is about being friend-zoned,” Mares tells Tejano Nation. “Obviously it’s more common with females friend-zoning men. I thought I’d try something different where the female is the one that gets friend-zoned.”
The video was filmed in Las Vegas, Nevada by Laredo-based Interline Films and directed by Roel Nava.
During filming in Sin City, Mares was surprised by her man, musician Billy Silva.
“I got married,” exclaimed Mares. “It was totally a surprise! I expected it but didn’t expect it to be that soon.”
Mares and Silva tied the knot Vegas-style with a drive-thru marriage ceremony, but the couple plan to celebrate with family and friends with a big-time wedding ceremony in October 2021. The couple welcomed a baby boy in August 2017.
The singer is also working on a full album, including a duet with a surprise female artist that she’s keeping a secret for now.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- ‘Que Daría’ is highly-anticipated debut single for Gary Hobbs with Freddie Records
- Tejano Jingle Jam features Solido, Jay Perez, Stefani Montiel + more in Houston on Dec. 17
- Gary Hobbs shares details on highly-anticipated debut album with Freddie Records
- Roger Velasquez & The Latin Legendz win Video of the Year at 42nd TMAs with Jesse Borrego-directed ‘Amor Del Otro Lado’
- Premios Tejano Mundial announce 2023 date