Shelly Lares has entertained Tejano fans for 38 years and “Little Miss Dynamite” is opening “The Vault” to offer her fans, known as Shellians, a collection of rare, hard to find items accumulated by her late father, Fred Lares, over the years.
“These are all items that are definitely, if you’re a true Shellian, definitely major collection here because we don’t make these things anymore — music, merchandise, posters — we don’t do those anymore,” Lares said in a social media video. “Those are from my early discography.”
The collection, available exclusively at the Tejano ROOTS Hall of Famer’s official website ShellyLares.Online, includes rare and hard to find vinyl, cassettes, and merchandise from the 1990s.
“I’m super excited to have them up there for you guys to purchase,” added Lares. “The Vault is for true Shelly Lares fans that definitely want to add to their collection.”
The GRAMMY nominee returned to the studio this week for the first time since before the pandemic to finish up her highly-anticipated LMD82 album that will celebrate her 38 year music career. She released her latest single, “Salsidpuedes,” a catchy, retro-sounding cumbia this summer.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Chelsea Chavez covers ‘Abrazame’ for new single from upcoming second album
- Funko fanatics leak 2021 list that includes Selena POP! figure
- Legacy of Emilio Navaira to be celebrated at Onda Live! Chicano Music + Culture Fest on Oct. 29
- Billboard ranks Selena as Greatest of All-Time Latin Female Artist
- All-star lineup celebrates birthday for Tejano ROOTS Hall of Fame promoter Jim Luna