Grupo Intocable postponed a Houston area drive-in concert for a second time due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, according to a statement released by the GRAMMY-winning group on Wednesday (July 22).
“Due to the situation in Harris County and all over the world at this time we feel its in the best interest of our fans, band and staff that we postpone our Hockley, TX drive-in concert for August 20, 2020,” said the statement. “We hope our fans understand that it was a hard decision to make but we hope you understand.”
The drive-in concert was originally scheduled for July 9 at the Showboat Drive-In in Hockley, Texas near Houston with Intocable, Solido, and Oscar Ayala Y Su Sangre Brava scheduled to perform, but it was postponed earlier this month for July 30.
All tickets previously purchased will be valid for the new date, according to the statement.
Intocable announced last month that five members of the group tested positive for COVID-19 including drummer Rene Martinez, bassist Felix Salinas, percussionist Sergio Serna, bajo sexto player Johnny Lee Rosas, and Juan Hernandez, group motivator/rhythm.
The latest information on upcoming events for Intocable will be given on the group’s official social media platforms.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Latin Grammy-winning musician and producer Lorenzo ‘Papo’ Banda recovering after COVID-19 diagnosis
- Dark Horse Institute launches Composition and Songwriting Program
- Crystal Torres releases ‘El Amor Que Siento Por Ti’ from upcoming sophomore album
- Veronique Medrano gives a powerful bilingual rendition of Roy Orbison classic for upcoming ‘Crying’ EP
- Star-Studded “Premios Juventud” Turns Up the Heat Showcasing Latin Music’s Hottest Hits in Awaited Celebration