A week after postponing scheduled drive-in concerts for the month of July after five members of Grupo Intocable tested positive for COVID-19, the GRAMMY-winning group has rescheduled the Houston area show for July 30.
The drive-in concert was originally scheduled for July 9 at the Showboat Drive-In in Hockley, Texas near Houston with Intocable, Solido, and Oscar Ayala Y Su Sangre Brava scheduled to perform.
“We want to thank everyone for all the support these past few days,” Intocable said in a statement released on July 6. “As many of you know, five of seven band members came out positive for COVID-19 and their recovery has been exceptional.”
Lead vocalist and accordionist Ricky Muñoz tested negative, along with guitarist Alejandro Gulmar, staff drivers, and office employees.
“Many have asked about our drive-in events,” the statement continued. “We are postponing and making the changes necessary to bring the fans live music in a safe and healthy way.”
In a video posted to social media on Muñoz said the band members became infected in their free time and not during the Intocable performances at sold-out drive-in concerts in June.
The statement did not mention specific precautions that are being taken to keep fans safe with social distancing and increased safety concerns due to the current rise of COVID-19.
Questions regarding tickets and refunds can be directed to the original point of sale, according to the statement.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Michael Salgado drops video teaser of upcoming country song ‘She Thinks My Name Is Whiskey’
- Adrian Gutierrez honors his parents 30th anniversary with a cover of ‘Y Sigues Siendo Tu’
- Nephew of Tejano icons Los Aguilares releases lead single in homage to family legacy
- EstrellaTV Brings the Sabor to Thursday Nights With ‘MasterChef Latinos’
- Mario Marichalar releases new single ‘Bella’ from upcoming album, shares latest on lawsuit over streaming royalties