Eddie Gonzalez is slowly recovering after the Tejano ROOTS Hall of Famer underwent three surgeries since Saturday.
According to his manager, Gonzalez is improving since his most recent procedure on Tuesday. “His vitals are good and (doctors) are hopeful in removing his breathing machine and have him breathe on his own and coming out from being heavily sedated,” said Troy Castillo via social media on Wednesday.
The 44-year-old singer and musician had two emergency procedures for abdominal pain after he visited the emergency room last weekend.
Gonzalez, known as “The Dancing Cowboy”, has been entertaining Tejano music fans since the early 1990s. His album, Un Poco De Cambio, was nominated for Best Tejano Album at the 46th Grammy Awards in 2003. He released his latest album, 180, earlier this year.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- AJ Castillo returns to stage at Buck’s Backyard in Buda on Oct. 3
- DJ Kane drops video teaser of ‘Con Limon Y Sal’ featuring Erick of Massore and Baby Bash
- Selena true-crime podcast series earns ‘Best Podcast’ at inaugural B+C Awards
- Shelly Lares opens up the vault to offer fans rare, exclusive items
- Rose Elva & The Crew release single and video ‘Solo En Mis Sueños’