Singer Eddie Gonzalez is currently hospitalized in intensive care after two life-saving emergency surgeries on Saturday (Apr. 25). The Tejano ROOTS Hall of Famer was rushed to the emergency room after suffering severe abdominal pain.
Medical staff revealed Gonzalez needed to be immediately rushed to surgery. A second surgery was needed after complications during recovery, according to Troy Castillo, manager and longtime friend of Gonzalez.
“Right now we need prayers for Eddie Gonzalez,” Castillo told Tejano Nation. “He is heavily sedated and in care of the doctors at the hospital and the nurses and they’re doing a great job. His family, friends, and especially his kids are asking for prayers.”
A third surgery for the 44-year-old singer and musician is scheduled on April 28.
“It will be a lengthy recovery for him,” added Castillo.
Gonzalez, known as “The Dancing Cowboy”, has been entertaining Tejano music fans since the early 1990s. His album, Un Poco De Cambio, was nominated for Best Tejano Album at the 46th Grammy Awards in 2003. He released his latest album, 180, earlier this year.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
Photo credit: Thomas Vasquez / Tommy Gunz Photography
- Tejanas Unidas En Cristo premiere beautiful visual for ‘Aqui Estas’ collaboration
- Legendary Los Fabulosos 4 guitarist Encarnacion Fuentes Jr passes away at 72
- Highly-anticipated Tejanas Unidas En Cristo collaboration ‘Aqui Estas’ officially released
- Hector Gonzalez of Los 2Gs hospitalized in critical condition with COVID-19
- Cindy Ramos returns with romantic “Que Mas Quieres De Mi” single