Singer Eddie Gonzalez is currently hospitalized in intensive care after two life-saving emergency surgeries on Saturday (Apr. 25). The Tejano ROOTS Hall of Famer was rushed to the emergency room after suffering severe abdominal pain.
Medical staff revealed Gonzalez needed to be immediately rushed to surgery. A second surgery was needed after complications during recovery, according to Troy Castillo, manager and longtime friend of Gonzalez.
“Right now we need prayers for Eddie Gonzalez,” Castillo told Tejano Nation. “He is heavily sedated and in care of the doctors at the hospital and the nurses and they’re doing a great job. His family, friends, and especially his kids are asking for prayers.”
A third surgery for the 44-year-old singer and musician is scheduled on April 28.
“It will be a lengthy recovery for him,” added Castillo.
Gonzalez, known as “The Dancing Cowboy”, has been entertaining Tejano music fans since the early 1990s. His album, Un Poco De Cambio, was nominated for Best Tejano Album at the 46th Grammy Awards in 2003. He released his latest album, 180, earlier this year.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
Photo credit: Thomas Vasquez / Tommy Gunz Photography
- LaDezz releases soulful single ‘Me Quedo Yo Sufriendo’
- Sonja De La Paz premieres video for sophomore single ‘Se Acabo’ ft. Joe Ojeda
- Frankie J premieres music video for ‘Buenos Amigos’ duet with Lupita Infante
- Bobby Pulido gets personal with fans during livestream celebrating 25-year career, announces concert
- Devin Banda shares sizzling Instagram lingerie photos