Destiny Navaira is the next generation of the Navaira musical family and the talented songstress announced the release date for her highly-anticipated solo debut album on Thursday (March 19).
Navaira made the album announcement in a social media video, “With everything going on, everyone stuck at home since we don’t know exactly how long this is going to go on, we’ve made the decision that the album, ‘La Preferida’…will be out March 24.”
The lead vocalist for Grupo Remedio also addressed ways Tejano music fans can support artists during the current coronavirus pandemic.
“Musicians are one of the groups that get hit really hard when things like this happen,” she said. “Public outings are not happening anymore and we depend on that weekend check, you know, we depend on those weekend gigs and they’re saying this can go til July and August. I encourage you guys to buy music, I encourage you to buy merchandise.”
All upcoming events have been postponed or canceled due to concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic and many musicians will look to other streams of revenue to help with earnings over the next few months.
“La Preferida” from Destiny Navaira will be available at all digital music platforms on March 24.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Tejano All-Stars kickoff Official Latino Inaugural 2021 event with ‘America The Beautiful’ virtual performance
- Tejano All-Stars to join Official Latino Inaugural 2021: Inheritance, Resilience & Promise
- Cynthia Bustamante releases debut album ‘Renacer’
- Album Review: Liz Garcia matures into ‘Una Estrella’ with sophomore album
- Netflix reveals premiere date for ‘Selena: The Series’ Part 2