The third annual My Tejano Awards has been rescheduled for August 9, 2020, due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
The annual awards show previously scheduled for April 21 at the Mission Event Center in Mission, Texas, will now take place this summer honoring Tejano artists, past and present, for their outstanding achievement and contribution to Tejano music and industry.
Organizers of the event made the announcement in a statement released on March 17 after Hidalgo County Judge Ricardo Cortez signed an emergency disaster declaration for Hildago County concerning the coronavirus. The declaration states to avoid mass gatherings of 50 people or more following government, state and Center for Disease Control recommendations.
“To all artists, presenters, and guests, we appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time,” said the statement. “Our prayers are with those afflicted during this pandemic.”
Get the latest information and news on the My Tejano Awards at the official website MyTejanoAwards.com.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Michael Salgado drops video teaser of upcoming country song ‘She Thinks My Name Is Whiskey’
- Adrian Gutierrez honors his parents 30th anniversary with a cover of ‘Y Sigues Siendo Tu’
- Nephew of Tejano icons Los Aguilares releases lead single in homage to family legacy
- EstrellaTV Brings the Sabor to Thursday Nights With ‘MasterChef Latinos’
- Mario Marichalar releases new single ‘Bella’ from upcoming album, shares latest on lawsuit over streaming royalties