The Recording Academy and its charitable foundation MusiCares have established the COVID-19 Relief Fund to help those in the music industry who have been adversely affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and subsequent cancellation of multiple music events. The current pandemic is deeply impacting live music events and the creative community behind it all.
Administered through MusiCares, the COVID-19 Fund will be used to directly support those in the music community with the greatest need. To establish the fund, both the Recording Academy and MusiCares have contributed an initial donation of $1 million each, totaling $2 million. All Recording Academy Chapters have also committed to fundraising in their local communities. Further updates and announcements will be made in the coming days.
“Event cancellations are at unprecedented levels and the situation, therefore, requires an unprecedented response,” commented Harvey Mason, Jr., Chair and Interim CEO of the Recording Academy. “Many people in the industry are now in crisis, not knowing what the future holds or having to deal with dire commercial realities. We are asking the entire industry to stand with us to support the musicians, artists, and professionals who are the bedrock and the future of our music community.”
He added, “It’s in times like these that many of us turn to music. Music can help us cope, and has the power to bring us together during a time when many of us might feel isolated. We encourage people everywhere to embrace the music industry which needs our help in these uncertain times.”
MusiCares Grants of Up To $1,000 For Music Industry Professionals
Music industry professionals may apply for basic living assistance (rent or mortgage). Initial grant requests can be made up to $1000 to compensate for cancelled work that was scheduled and lost. Should we receive additional funding, we will evaluate the grant amounts available. All items below must be included in your request:
- A completed MusiCares application
- Proof of cancellations and bookings
- Copy of your lease agreement or mortgage statement which includes account numbers, vendor address and your name on the lease or statement
Please note: Texas-based applicants may use the South or West application. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed and requests will be processed in the order in which received. It could take up to two weeks to process a completed application.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Veronique Medrano gives a powerful bilingual rendition of Roy Orbison classic for upcoming ‘Crying’ EP
- Star-Studded “Premios Juventud” Turns Up the Heat Showcasing Latin Music’s Hottest Hits in Awaited Celebration
- Award-winning radio personality Monica Peña joins Tejano Nation as contributor
- Liz Garcia pays tribute to late cousin with ‘Ay Javier’ music video
- Brenda Martinez Launches Sweet Sessories Online Boutique