The Tejano Music Awards Fan Fair has been canceled after San Antonio city officials declared a health emergency on Friday that prohibits large gatherings of over 500 for the next seven days.
The Texas Talent Musicians Association, organizers of the annual event that draws more than 100,000 Tejano fans from across the world to San Antonio, confirmed that the event has been canceled for this weekend. TTMA added that plans to continue Fan Fair at a later date this year will be announced soon.
This is a developing story. Tejano Nation will have more details as more information is released.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Tejano All-Stars kickoff Official Latino Inaugural 2021 event with ‘America The Beautiful’ virtual performance
- Tejano All-Stars to join Official Latino Inaugural 2021: Inheritance, Resilience & Promise
- Cynthia Bustamante releases debut album ‘Renacer’
- Album Review: Liz Garcia matures into ‘Una Estrella’ with sophomore album
- Netflix reveals premiere date for ‘Selena: The Series’ Part 2