The Tejano Music Awards Fan Fair has been canceled after San Antonio city officials declared a health emergency on Friday that prohibits large gatherings of over 500 for the next seven days.
The Texas Talent Musicians Association, organizers of the annual event that draws more than 100,000 Tejano fans from across the world to San Antonio, confirmed that the event has been canceled for this weekend. TTMA added that plans to continue Fan Fair at a later date this year will be announced soon.
This is a developing story. Tejano Nation will have more details as more information is released.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Jennifer Peña receives second marriage proposal from husband Obie Bermudez after ‘Asi Se Baila’ performance
- PATRÓN Tequila Celebrates the Traditions of Día de Muertos Through a Story of the Calavera Bee Narrated by Eugenio Derbez
- Mar García debuts new single and video ‘Quiero Volver’
- Abraham Quintanilla address those that feel he is profiting from his daughter’s death and announces new Selena album
- Biggest Accordion Shootout Finale in Tejano history planned at Conjunto Festival in Alice on Nov 12 & 13