As huge events across the nation continue to be canceled over growing concerns over the worldwide coronavirus pandemic, Tejano Music Awards Fan Fair kicked off on Thursday in San Antonio, Texas despite many artists canceling their performances at one of the biggest Tejano events of the year that draws more than 100,000 Tejano fans from across the world to the four-day event.
The small list of artists that canceled before the event began, quickly grew on Thursday and included Tejano music legends Ram Herrera, Ruben Ramos, Joe Bravo, Augustin Ramirez, along with Isabel Marie Sanchez, and dozens more.
Despite those cancellations, Tejano Music Awards Fan Fair expects to go on throughout the weekend at historic Market Square in downtown San Antonio. The current and updated full schedule is available at TejanoMusicAwards.com.
Texas Gov. Greg Abbot and San Antonio city officials are expected to hold press conferences on Friday to address the growing concern over the coronavirus outbreak. If any event cancellations are announced, Tejano Nation will keep you updated on the latest information.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Ceci Zavala drops electrocumbia version of ‘Tik Tok’ for solo debut single
- DJ Kane returns with feel-good optimistic track ‘Bajo Las Estrellas’ ft. Prana
- Monica Saldivar releases video for breakup song ‘Revolución’
- AJ Castillo returns to stage at Buck’s Backyard in Buda on Oct. 3
- DJ Kane drops video teaser of ‘Con Limon Y Sal’ featuring Erick of Massore and Baby Bash