The Selena XXV-Veinticinco Años tribute concert that was scheduled for May 9 at the Alamodome in San Antonio will be rescheduled for a future date due to the concern of the current coronavirus pandemic.
The concert honoring 25 years of the legacy of late bicultural icon Selena Quintanilla was to be the largest fan event celebrating the Queen of Cumbia with scheduled performances from Pitbull, Los Tucanes de Tijuana, A.B. Quintanilla III Y Los Kumbia Allstarz, Becky G, Elida Y Avante, Ruben Ramos, Pete Astudillo, Gilbert Velasquez, Ricardo Castillón, Ally Brooke, Isabel Marie, and The Lab.
“There are very uncertain times ahead given the nature of what’s going on right now. Our family truly understands everyone’s concerns about the COVID-19 virus. We’ve spent the past several days monitoring the situation and we feel that rescheduling the tribute concert for Selena is in the best interest of everyone.
“Rescheduling will give people time to feel more comfortable and bring calm and ease during this unprecedented time.
“We will continue to monitor the situation to select the best and most responsible date to ensure the safety of everyone coming to the event. It will still be held in San Antonio, Texas at the Alamodome.
“Our family still looks forward to celebrating Selena’s life and legacy with all the fans around the world. The celebration is still happening… just a different day.
“For anyone who purchased a ticket, please hold on to it. It will be honored for the rescheduled show. Fans with questions about refunds can contact Ticketmaster Fan Support at 800-653-8000, or reach out to your original point of purchase.”
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- The Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center Announces the 43rd CineFestival San Antonio on July 6-10
- Tejano Music Awards TV adds veteran radio and television personality Bonnie Hernández as co-host
- Grupo Fuerte returns with ‘Mucho Corazon’ single celebrating 25 years in Tejano
- TMA Best New Female Artist Liz Garcia Gives Back to Uvalde and Continues Forging Her Own Path Forward
- The Cen-Tex Hispanic Chamber launches Escalando, the first small business assistance program in Waco area taught in Spanish