There is nothing is more romantic sounding than a bolero. Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Brenda Martinez has released the bolero, “Un Presentimiento,” the third single from her debut album Favoritas De Mis Padres.
“Un Presentimiento” is a classic ranchera ballad that has been covered in various styles by different artists, from the mariachi version of Jose Alfredo Jimenez and Amalia Mendoza to the romantic Conjunto bolero version from Ruben Naranjo. Martinez’s interpretation is a beautiful, smooth instrumental re-imagining of the Naranjo cover, which inspires those who know the lyrics to sing along to the melody.
The album, Favoritas De Mis Padres, is a collection of Conjunto tunes, paying homage to the classic instrumental Conjunto albums of masters like Naranjo, Gilberto Perez, and Ruben Vela. In addition to this bolero, the selections also include polkas and a huapango, all with the feel and vibe of old-school Conjunto.
The debut album from the San Antonio accordionist is now available at all digital platforms and on CD and Vinyl LP!
Brenda Martinez — “Un Presentimiento”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Veronique Medrano gives a powerful bilingual rendition of Roy Orbison classic for upcoming ‘Crying’ EP
- Star-Studded “Premios Juventud” Turns Up the Heat Showcasing Latin Music’s Hottest Hits in Awaited Celebration
- Award-winning radio personality Monica Peña joins Tejano Nation as contributor
- Liz Garcia pays tribute to late cousin with ‘Ay Javier’ music video
- Brenda Martinez Launches Sweet Sessories Online Boutique