Award-winning singer Candace Vargas was involved in an auto accident in her home state of New Mexico on Friday (Nov. 1).
The singer shared details on her injuries via social media, “I am doing fine. Just a case of whiplash and soreness,” she said.
Vargas was involved in a four-car pileup and was taken to the emergency room as precaution to scan for any serious injuries.
The singer’s father, Joel Vargas, Sr., updated his daughter’s condition in a message to Tejano Nation, “Candace is home resting. She was diagnosed with a slight case of whiplash and had to have injections for pain in her neck and hip.”
Candace still performed at her scheduled concert on Saturday at Buffalo Thunder Resort and Casino in Santa Fe, New Mexico. She is also scheduled to perform at this month’s 39th annual Tejano Music Awards in San Antonio, Texas.
The singer is a 22-time award winner with the New Mexico Hispano Music Association (NMHMA) to include 2008 Female Vocalist, Original Song of The Year, Ranchera, Cumbia, and for (5) five years in a row Conjunto Song of the Year, and a Quince Grandes award winner.
After a five year hiatus, she returned in 2018 with the release of a new album “A Mi Modo.” Several songs on the album such as “Sera,” “Pocos Tiempos,” and “Dia De Solteras,” have charted for weeks on radio stations across the United States and in Mexico. The album earned Vargas a place on the Industry Ballot for this year’s Tejano Music Awards as Female Vocalist, Album of the Year for “A Mi Modo”, and Song of the Year with “Sera.”
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Tejano Bluesman Joe Villanueva premieres ‘Tas Loca Baby’ official music video ft. Demmi Garcia
- Gabriella Salazar blends eclectic sounds with beautiful vocals for debut album ‘Concepto Rosa’
- Perrier Launches Limited-Edition Can Inspired by Día de Los Muertos
- Jennifer Peña receives second marriage proposal from husband Obie Bermudez after ‘Asi Se Baila’ performance
- PATRÓN Tequila Celebrates the Traditions of Día de Muertos Through a Story of the Calavera Bee Narrated by Eugenio Derbez