The 39th Annual Tejano Music Awards on Nov. 16, 2019 will feature a diverse array of performers to include two of Tejano’s top female artists Shelly Lares and Stefani Montiel, along with performer/producer Hugo Guerrero, Tejano icon “El Gato Negro” Ruben Ramos, the young, rising star Isabel Marie, and European musician Dwayne Verheyden, the accordion sensation mentored by the legendary Flaco Jimenez.
Fans can still vote for their favorite artists on the general ballot, which closes on Oct. 16.
Other performers include Roger Velasquez & The Latin Legends, Candace Vargas, Magali Delarosa, Alfredo Guererro with Tortilla Factory and according to the press release issued by the Texas Talent Musicians Association (TTMA), more performers will be announced soon.
The Tejano Music Awards will be hosted by Texas comedian Raymond Orta, will be held at the historic Scottish Rite Theatre and the show will be followed by a live dance with performances by Ram Herrera, Sunny Sauceda, and David Farias.
The awards night will start with a red-carpet ceremony to feature Tejano artists and special guests to be announced soon. The red-carpet showcase begins at 5 pm.
For tickets to the 39th Annual Tejano Music Awards & Dance, visit www.tejanomusicawards.com. Ticket prices start at $35.
The major sponsors for this year’s awards show are Budweiser and Hermes Music.
- ‘Desvelado’ songwriter confirms Bobby Pulido song is not about Selena
- Pop star Ally Brooke cites Tejano artists as early influences while growing up in San Antonio
- Johnny Arreola of Los Palominos releases second Christian album ‘Nomás Un Camino Hay’
- Tejano Nation adds three new show affiliates in El Paso, New Orleans and D.C.
- JR Gomez signs with Baby Grand Records, readies sophomore album