Legendary Tejano singer and songwriter Humberto “Beto” Ramon lost his family home to a fire on Saturday night.
KIII-TV reports Ramon and his musician son, Beto Ramon Jr, were hosting a barbecue at their Corpus Christi, Texas home of 16 years when they smelled smoke that wasn’t coming from the grill. The son ran into the home and noticed his room was on fire and told everyone to get out of the house and call 9-1-1, while he tried to save their irreplaceable music productions stored on an external hard drive from their home studio.
“I might have lost the material things, but I have my son alive and well and I’m breathing so what else can I ask,” Beto Ramon Sr. told KIII-TV. “Everything else can be replaced.”
Firefighters believe the fire was started by an electrical spark, according to KIIITV.com.
A GoFundMe fundraiser has been created for Ramon and his son to rebuild their home and studio.
Beto Ramon is an award-winning singer and songwriter. He has written many hits songs for Tejano icons, including Jimmy Gonzalez and Mazz, Laura Canales, Ramon Ayala, Jay Perez, Gary Hobbs, and Ram Herrera to name a few.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- J.R. Gomez announces lineup for concerts to benefit families of fatal crash
- Tejano Music Awards announces return of Fan Fair for Summer 2021
- Javier Galvan remains hospitalized in critical condition days after fatal crash
- Governor Abbott Announces El Paso Designated As Music Friendly Community
- Sonja De La Paz ramping up solo debut album