Legendary Tejano singer and songwriter Humberto “Beto” Ramon lost his family home to a fire on Saturday night.
KIII-TV reports Ramon and his musician son, Beto Ramon Jr, were hosting a barbecue at their Corpus Christi, Texas home of 16 years when they smelled smoke that wasn’t coming from the grill. The son ran into the home and noticed his room was on fire and told everyone to get out of the house and call 9-1-1, while he tried to save their irreplaceable music productions stored on an external hard drive from their home studio.
“I might have lost the material things, but I have my son alive and well and I’m breathing so what else can I ask,” Beto Ramon Sr. told KIII-TV. “Everything else can be replaced.”
Firefighters believe the fire was started by an electrical spark, according to KIIITV.com.
A GoFundMe fundraiser has been created for Ramon and his son to rebuild their home and studio.
Beto Ramon is an award-winning singer and songwriter. He has written many hits songs for Tejano icons, including Jimmy Gonzalez and Mazz, Laura Canales, Ramon Ayala, Jay Perez, Gary Hobbs, and Ram Herrera to name a few.
For breaking Tejano news follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel for exclusive artist interviews. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Xelencia Comeback Begins With ‘Esos Momentos’ Featuring Chris Perez
- Chris Pérez Remembers The “Amazing Soul” Of Selena & Recording Her Last Album
- Cezar Martinez shares details on solo project honoring Tejano legend
- Los Palominos add their unmistakable style to cover of ranchera classic ‘Y Por Esa Calle Vive’
- Sunny Sauceda Crashes Texas Country Concerts With His Squeezebox Skills
Beto if I can help you replacing some of your equipment please call me. Robert Sound vibrations.