La Tropa F plan to release a new single in November and a new album soon, one that will promote “preserving our culture.”
Tejano Nation caught up with the award-winning band at the Tejano Unites For Cancer Benefit in San Antonio, Texas on Oct. 27. Jesse Farias, Jr. shared details on the upcoming album in an exclusive interview with Tejano Nation journalist Sylvia Carrizales.
“The name of the CD is called ‘La Tropa F – Preservando Nuestra Cultura’,” he said. “Preserving our culture, basically. We took it back, did a lot of old school stuff, kind of keep Tejano and our sound going with the new generation.”
The new single, “Ay, Amor,” will be released in mid to late November and La Tropa F want to instill Tejano culture into the next generation of Tejanos.
“Keep your kids involved, this is our heritage, this is our culture, this where we grew up at, Conjunto, Tejano music,” Farias said. “It’s good to keep the kids involved because they are the future, they are the next generation. That’s what it is, that’s what we’re trying to do, just keep everybody involved.”
The band performed at the cancer awareness benefit created by Ram Herrera and his fiancee. Jesse Farias, Sr. is a 15-year cancer survivor and shared details on his battle in the interview and why it’s important to help those in need. Watch the full interview with La Tropa F below.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Jay Perez invited to perform with Miami Symphony on June 8
- David Beck’s Tejano Weekend premieres ‘La Ronera’ single and video from ‘Dos Exitos’ EP
- Los Desperadoz back on the road, release new single ‘Un Milagro’
- Palomino Fest returns to the Uvalde County Fairplex for Labor Day Weekend 2021
- AB Quintanilla III Y Los Kumbia Kingz Allstarz with Pete Astudillo headline Fiesta de Mayo in Houston Memorial Day Weekend