Cindy Ramos is an emerging artist in Conjunto since the release of her solo sophomore album Inicios in December and the former Inocencia singer is excited about this new album as it showcases her roots in Conjunto music.
The award-winning singer spoke to Tejano Nation about the album’s title. “I wanted to name it Inicios,” she said. “It’s really like the music that I grew up listening to. It’s my roots. A lot of the covers that we did in here are artists that I have been a big fan of. I admire them so much.”
The album’s lead single, “Toma Mi Corazoncito,” already earned Ramos a South Texas Conjunto Association award for Crossover Song of the Year in 2019.
The album was produced by Lorenzo “Papo” Banda, who created a unique sound for Ramos. “The sound he created is a little bit progressive Conjunto,” Ramos said. “It’s a little bit different than what everybody is listening to right now, but it’s Conjunto so it’s kind of like a new sound. I was very happy with what he did, what he created.”
Inicios from Cindy Ramos is available at all digital music platforms.
Cindy Ramos — Inicios
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Patsy Torres addresses fake news in today’s society with ‘Noticias Falsas’
- Tejano event promoter Jim Luna tests positive for COVID-19, upcoming events tentative
- Tejano music legend Rudy Palacios passes away from coronavirus
- Music legend Little Joe tests positive for coronavirus
- Pio Treviño Y Majic drop catchy cumbia ‘Candy’ from new album