“He’s doing okay,” Turner said during a Facebook live video on April 15. “Today, they took out the breathing machine…He’s breathing okay and he’s actually doing alright. It’s amazing. It’s a miracle.”
Jacob Turner originally tested negative but it wasn’t until his symptoms worsened that a second exam confirmed coronavirus.
Jesse Turner urges to take the threat of the current pandemic seriously and to stay at home to protect those most vulnerable.
“Don’t wait for yourself to get infected,” he told Fox News South Texas. “Obviously I think we’re doing a good job but I think that we could do a better job. We could do a better job by staying home.”
Turner keeps in close contact with doctors to keep updated on his son’s progress.
Jacob, who was also the bass player for Siggno, has been rehabilitating since the 2016 auto accident after suffering traumatic injuries, including severe brain damage.
For breaking news follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- El Gallo Dez enters Tejano music scene with debut single ‘Rogando Por Tu Amor’ (Tejano Version)
- Los Fantasmas del Valle searching for next accordionist
- Cindy Ramos adds her Conjunto style to cover of ‘Me Estoy Enamorando’
- SoundExchange Hails Speedy Reintroduction of American Music Fairness Act
- New Tejano Playlist for February features new music from Magali Delarosa, Siggno, Jay Perez + discover emerging artists