“Traigo Mi .45” is the new single from La 45 featuring Little Joe. The band, led by co-founders Mike Torres III and John Ontiveros, shared details on their latest release and performed the song on the TV show “Domingo Live” this week.
“This song was something that John and I had in mind when we started the band,” said Torres. “This is one of the bucket list items that we had to get and the only way we were going to do it is if we got our old boss and our mentor Little Joe to be on the track.”
Torres and Ontiveros spent many years as part of Little Joe’s band La Familia and plan to continue the tradition of the Chicano music sound.
“You’re going to hear the merging of two generations,” added Torres. “We’re going to continue to carry that flag and continue to play Chicano music as far all over the world as we can.”
La 45 are scheduled to release their first full-length album in March. It will be the follow-up to their debut EP “Indita Mia” released in 2017. The band also released “Take It To The Top,” a live concert tribute album to legendary band Latin Breed in 2019.
La 45 perform “Traigo Mi .45” on “Domingo Live”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Veronique Medrano gives a powerful bilingual rendition of Roy Orbison classic for upcoming ‘Crying’ EP
- Star-Studded “Premios Juventud” Turns Up the Heat Showcasing Latin Music’s Hottest Hits in Awaited Celebration
- Award-winning radio personality Monica Peña joins Tejano Nation as contributor
- Liz Garcia pays tribute to late cousin with ‘Ay Javier’ music video
- Brenda Martinez Launches Sweet Sessories Online Boutique