Ruben Ramos is a Tejano music legend with a career that spans more than five decades. The Grammy-winning singer, who turns 80 years old on February 9, is still entertaining fans after recent health issues.
Tejano Nation contributor Fanny Gurl caught up with “El Gato Negro” after his performance at the New Year Eve Dance at Casino Del Sol in Tucson, Arizona, and the crooner says what keeps him motivated to perform for his fans after all these years.
“I love music,” he said. “I love people. I love making people have a good time. I love making people happy when I do that it makes me happy.”
Ramos also spoke about his new upcoming projects and his unique dress code that became his trademark. He also gave advice for the next generation of Tejano stars.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Perrier Launches Limited-Edition Can Inspired by Día de Los Muertos
- Jennifer Peña receives second marriage proposal from husband Obie Bermudez after ‘Asi Se Baila’ performance
- PATRÓN Tequila Celebrates the Traditions of Día de Muertos Through a Story of the Calavera Bee Narrated by Eugenio Derbez
- Mar García debuts new single and video ‘Quiero Volver’
- Abraham Quintanilla address those that feel he is profiting from his daughter’s death and announces new Selena album