Ruben Ramos is a Tejano music legend with a career that spans more than five decades. The Grammy-winning singer, who turns 80 years old on February 9, is still entertaining fans after recent health issues.
Tejano Nation contributor Fanny Gurl caught up with “El Gato Negro” after his performance at the New Year Eve Dance at Casino Del Sol in Tucson, Arizona, and the crooner says what keeps him motivated to perform for his fans after all these years.
“I love music,” he said. “I love people. I love making people have a good time. I love making people happy when I do that it makes me happy.”
Ramos also spoke about his new upcoming projects and his unique dress code that became his trademark. He also gave advice for the next generation of Tejano stars.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- ‘Desvelado’ songwriter confirms Bobby Pulido song is not about Selena
- Pop star Ally Brooke cites Tejano artists as early influences while growing up in San Antonio
- Johnny Arreola of Los Palominos releases second Christian album ‘Nomás Un Camino Hay’
- Tejano Nation adds three new show affiliates in El Paso, New Orleans and D.C.
- JR Gomez signs with Baby Grand Records, readies sophomore album