Grupo Mettal shows off their diverse musical influences and ability to tackle any style with their latest release, “En Tus Brazos,” a haunting ranchera about a love that’s over but far from forgotten.
Accordionist and vocalist Elio Ramirez is a fan of San Marcos, Texas-based country group the Randy Rogers Band, and transformed one of the group’s early hits, “In My Arms Instead,” from a country music ballad into a soulful ranchera filled with longing and feeling. “En Tus Brazos” is accordion-driven and highlighted by Ramirez’ sad, powerful vocals.
The lyrics tell of a love that haunts a man’s mind as he longs for the love that he lost. The song shows off Ramirez accordion and vocal skills as well as his talent for taking a song that he loves from a different genre and adapting it into a song that best shows off the group’s Regional Mexican sound and style.
The single is an impressive release from the group’s debut album, which is now set for a Jan. 1, 2020 release date from Discos Solcar.
Mettal — “En Tus Brazos”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- South TX Homies talk debut single 'Te Vas Te Vas' + more [VIDEO]
- Sun Broadcast Group continues to grow its 2020 Hispanic lineup, adds Tejano Nation show
- Ruben Ramos talks legendary career, upcoming projects + more [VIDEO]
- Elida Reyna selling beautiful South Texas home
- Solido hits over 1 million views for 'Todavía No Sabe' music video