Ilyssa Saenz is ready to make a comeback with a brand new album and the singer shared details on her latest single, “¿Qué Hago?”, upcoming disc and more.
The singer made a splash in the Tejano music scene in 2010 with her debut album Estoy Contigo, which spawned a couple of hit singles, including the title track and “Te Amo.” The album’s success garnered her a nomination as Best New Female Artist at the 2011 Tejano Music Awards. The vocalist has dropped three singles over the past year, “Ayer” featuring David Lee Garza, “Hasta Cuando,” and the latest “¿Qué Hago?” released last week. Now she’s ready for a full album.
The singer took a short break from singing in order to pursue her college degree from the University of Texas-Pan American, followed by a career in teaching.
Ilyssa tells Tejano Nation host and singer Veronique Medrano about the long-awaited album, her passion for music and teaching, and much more.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Legacy of Emilio Navaira to be celebrated at Onda Live! Chicano Music + Culture Fest on Oct. 29
- Billboard ranks Selena as Greatest of All-Time Latin Female Artist
- All-star lineup celebrates birthday for Tejano ROOTS Hall of Fame promoter Jim Luna
- Plans to demolish iconic La Mafia recording studio for Houston highway expansion
- LÜM Grows to Over 80,000 Artists as the Home for Independent Musicians Launches New Mobile and Web Platforms