Ilyssa is ready to make a comeback to the Tejano music scene with a new album and the singer released her latest single, “¿Qué Hago?”, for radio airplay on Wednesday.
The track was produced by Severo “Sevy” Contreras and is the third single from Ilyssa’s highly-anticipated new album.
“I’m excited about all the different songs we’re putting on the CD because it’s kind of like a journey of basically what I’ve been through for the past year,” Ilyssa told Tejano Nation in a recent interview. “I’m getting to be really involved with Slack Monster Studios and involved with picking the songs and I love working with Sevy, Severo Contreras, and he’s taken a lot of my ideas into consideration. So that’s what I’m excited about for this CD, is a lot of me has gone into it.”
Ilyssa made a splash in the Tejano music scene in 2010 with her debut album Estoy Contigo, which spawned a couple of hit singles, including the title track and “Te Amo.” The album’s success garnered her a nomination as Best New Female Artist at the 2011 Tejano Music Awards.
The singer took a short break from singing in order to pursue her college degree from the University of Texas-Pan American, followed by a career in teaching.
“¿Qué Hago?” will be available soon at all digital music platforms, but you can get a first listen on the new track below.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
Ilyssa Saenz — “¿Qué Hago?” (Snippet)
- Legendary Los Fabulosos 4 guitarist Encarnacion Fuentes Jr passes away at 72
- Highly-anticipated Tejanas Unidas En Cristo collaboration ‘Aqui Estas’ officially released
- Hector Gonzalez of Los 2Gs hospitalized in critical condition with COVID-19
- Cindy Ramos returns with romantic “Que Mas Quieres De Mi” single
- Gaby Natale and QuickBooks Team Up to Empower Latino Entrepreneurs Across the Country