“The Walking Dead” star landed the role of the Queen of Cumbia in August. The 29-year old actress has also starred in “Flight 7500”, “Pop Star”, “The Secret Life of the American Teenager”, and the “Twilight” saga.
The series is described as “a coming of age story that follows Selena as her dreams come true and all the heart-wrenching and life-changing choices she and her family have to make as they navigate success, family, and music.” The series comes from Campanario Entertainment and is executive produced by Jaime Dávila, Rico Martinez, Suzette Quintanilla, Simran A. Singh, and Moisés Zamora.
“Selena is an inspirational figure who’s transcended generations. At Campanario, we’ve always known it was crucial for this series to find actors with the right mix of talent, charisma, and passion to honor Selena’s legacy and the story of her family,” said Davila, president and co-founder of Campanario Entertainment. “Our casting director Carla Hool and her team have found an amazing cast to depict the Quintanilla family, and we’re sure fans everywhere will be captivated yet again by Selena’s incredible life.”
The series will be split into two parts, with the first half comprising six hour-long episodes.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Joe Lopez to begin Freedom Tour in Houston as victim rights advocates criticize decision
- A Tejano Puro Party hits San Antonio hockey game on Dec. 27
- Masizzo drops lyric video for latest single 'Insuficiente' [AUDIO]
- Ally Brooke honors Selena with medley of hits at Miss Universe pageant
- Eddie Gonzalez on Tejano ROOTS Hall of Fame induction, upcoming music + more [VIDEO]