Netflix is continuing to add to the cast for the highly-anticipated show, Selena: The Series.
Casting for Netflix’s upcoming series based on the life of the “Queen of Cumbia”, Selena, has added two actors to the cast.
Deadline reports that Desperate Houswives star Ricardo Chavira and Gabriel Chavarria of The Purge TV series have both joined the cast of Selena: The Series as key members of the Quintanilla family.
Chavira will portray Selena’s father, Abraham, “a savvy businessman determined to achieve the American dream.”
Chavarria has signed on to play the late singer’s brother, A.B. Quintanilla, known as “the mastermind behind the music; playing bass guitar, producing and writing songs for Selena.”
In August, Netflix found their Selena with Walking Dead alum Christian Serratos landing the coveted role, according to Vulture.
Selena: The Series is being described as a coming-of-age story about the legendary Tejano star’s life, up until her tragic death in 1995 at the age of 23.
The story of Selena’s life is expected to play out over two seasons. There’s no word on when we can expect the show to premiere via Netflix, but production is scheduled to start soon in Mexico.
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- La 45 teams with David Lee Garza and Cezar Martinez for ‘La Embarcación’ collaboration
- Quemazón offers free download of new single ‘Que Sepan Todos’
- Día de los Muertos at Hemisfair celebrates 10-year anniversary
- Auditions to Cast the New Menudo Band are Now Open on the HeartOut Authenticated Performance Recording App
- Bobby Pulido chats career and new music with release of new five-song EP