MIAMI – (Univision) – “Premios Juventud” celebrated the best of Latin music featuring a star-studded lineup and the hottest summer hits live from the Watsco Center in Miami. Under the theme “Youth Leading the Change in Culture,” the awaited show presented memorable performances that included world premieres, TV exclusives, unique collaborations, and more surprises that kept fans on their toes. In one of the night’s biggest moments, it was revealed PJ 2022 would take place in La Isla del Encanto (The Island of Enchantment), Puerto Rico. The four-hour celebration began with the popular pre-show “PJ Takeover.”
The night kicked off with a groundbreaking performance by reggaeton superstar Myke Towers and the Latin sensation and host Sebastián Yatra performing for the first time on TV their mega-hit “Pareja del Año.” The number continued with global icon Pitbull and reggaeton heavyweights El Alfa, Farruko, IAmChino, and Omar Courtz performing “Ten Cuidado.” The opening also featured a world-exclusive tease of Mr. Worldwide’s next single and tour, “I Feel Good,” featuring Anthony Watts.
Continuing with its commitment to social change, PJ featured a historical moment on stage to support the people of Cuba in the current humanitarian crisis. The pivotal act featured special appearances by superstar Camila Cabello, acclaimed musician and producer Emilio Estefan, and global icon Pitbull. During the segment, Joncien, Lena, Malena Burke, and Yailenys Pérez performed “Libertad,” and Gente de Zona and Yotuel did a unique rendition of their inspiring anthem “Patria y Vida.”
In one of the night’s heartfelt moments, global superstar Daddy Yankee was honored with the prestigious “Agent of Change” award for his efforts to combat world hunger and his work following the destructive path of Hurricane Maria. The king of reggaeton, who partnered with Habitat for Humanity to rebuild the homes of those affected by the storm, received the award in Puerto Rico from the hands of one of the families he helped. The three young Hispanics who also received an “Agent of Change” award are Steven Ferreiro from Miami, Daphne Frias from New York City, and Tanisha Gaspar Clemente from Puerto Rico.
Global superstar KAROL G took home six awards and delivered a powerful rendition of her new hit “200 Copas” with a mariachi band. Bad Bunny followed her with five awards, Grupo Firme with four, Natti Natasha with three, and Becky G and Los Dos Carnales with two each.
The celebration of Latin music also included a multigenerational performance by Pepe Aguilar, Angela Aguilar, and Leonardo Aguilar. The Aguilar dynasty performed the mariachi songs “La Quiero Igualita,” “Ahi Donde Me Ven,” “Traigo Ganas,” and “Viva Mexico.”
Some of PJ’s top musical moments included a surprise appearance by global sensation Bad Bunny, who made his debut as a producer, introducing Tommy Torres world premiere of “La Marea.” The mega-popular band CNCO launched a new era from the PJ stage and presented the world premiere of their new hit “Toa La Noche.” The pop diva Gloria Trevi and Latin sensation Guaynaa presented their surprise collab “Nos Volvimos Locos.” The Latin sensation returned to stage to perform along the legendary Mexican cumbia band Los Ángeles Azules their hit collab “Fútbol a la Gente.” Urban superstar Natti Natasha returned to a live stage, after becoming a mother, to deliver the world premiere of “Philliecito,” with fellow urban stars Nio García and Brray. Another show-stopper moment included the awaited return of Chino y Nacho. The beloved duo chose PJ as the stage for their return and performed a medley of their popular hits “Niña Bonita,” “Andas En Mi Cabeza,” “Me Voy Enamorando,” and the world premiere of their new single “Queriéndote.”
The hottest summer celebration continued to feature Latin music’s hottest hits, superstars, and emerging artists in unforgettable performances, they included:
- Grupo Firme and Marca MP: The Mexican regional stars performed their hit “El Güero.”
- Kali Uchis: The “New Generation – Female” winner interpreted her global phenomenon “Telepatía.”
- El Alfa, Farruko, and Nino Freestyle: The reggaeton stars opened one of the hottest numbers of the night with their hit “No Hago Coro.”
- Axel Rulay, El Alfa, and Farruko: The reggaeton stars performed their hit collab “Si Es Trucho Es Trucho.”
- IAmChino and Farruko: The acclaimed DJ and the hitmaker took the stage with their new song “Pepas.”
- Myke Towers: The hitmaker returned to the stage with the world premiere of his new single “Almas Gemelas.”
- Tini: The powerhouse performer returned to PJ with her summer hit record “Miénteme.”
- Becky G and El Alfa: The Latin stars put everyone to dance with their new single “Fulanito.”
- Ricky Martin and Paloma Mami: Performed their recently launched collaboration, “Que Rico Fuera.”
- Tainy and Yandel: The global reggaeton icons presented on stage their hit “Deja vu.”
- Chencho Corleone and Lunay: The reggaeton stars performed a special TV edition of “Vudu.”
- Anitta and Lunay: The international sensation joined Lunay to perform their recently launched hit “Todo o Nada.”
- Jay Wheeler: The rising star brought his latest hit “Viendo el Techo.”
- Chimbala, Justin Quiles, and Zion & Lennox: The night concluded with the superstars performing their hit collab “Loco.”
Alejandra Espinoza, Chiquis, and Sebastián Yatra hosted the three-hour show. Gabriel Coronel, Jomari Goyso, Roberto Hernández, Clarissa Molina, Fátima Molina, and Kiara Liz presented the popular one-hour pre-show “PJ Takeover.”
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
Selena’s father and husband have resolved their legal dispute that began in 2016.
Univision Launches Sunday Edition of Its Flagship Daytime Emmy Award-Winning Morning Show “Despierta América” on September 19
Hosted by María Antonieta Collins, Raúl González, Jackie Guerrido and with Carolina Rosario as its news anchor, the show will feature news coverage, new and unique segments, and much more.
Support Latino Business & Community Allies Host Third Annual Support Latino Business Day on September 14, 2021
Day of action to celebrate the 4.7 million Latino business owners for their positive impact across communities and the U.S. economy.