La Mafia paid tribute to late Country music icon Kenny Rogers with a performance of “Lady” with the Houston Symphony for the Freedom Over Texas celebration in Houston, Texas on July 4.
The GRAMMY-winning group from Houston is celebrating 40 years in 2020 and the Fourth of July performance was to honor their dear friend and Country music legend that died at the age of 81 of natural causes in March 2020.
In 2019, La Mafia released a live concert album, Live in Mexico, with a playlist that includes the band’s signature songs, such as: “Me Estoy Enamorando,” “Un Millon De Rosas,” “Vida,” “Ahora Y Siempre,” “Nuestra Cancion,” “Alas De Papel,” “Nadie,” and “Como Me Duele Amor.”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Shelly Lares leads nominations for 40th annual Tejano Music Awards
- Ray Ray honors healthcare workers lost to COVID-19 with ‘I’ll Be Missing You’ ft. Aisha
- Christian Serratos talks preparing for her role in ‘Selena: The Series’
- Stevie D releases ‘Irremediable,’ second single from highly-anticipated album
- Ally Brooke hosts ‘Selena: The Series’ Ultimate Virtual Fan Celebration