The “Magic Man” is one of the most well known and charismatic artists in Tejano music and the legendary crooner signed with Freddie Records last September, releasing a new album, Eso Labios, in March.
Treviño shared details on his new album and joining Freddie Records in a video posted to social media. “I’m so glad that I’m recording for Freddie Records,” he said. “I’ve been trying to get here for a while and I’m so proud.”
“I hope that everybody receives this CD and likes it,” he added. “It’s got about four of five cumbias, rancheras, it’s got a mariachi song in there. I also wrote a song for my wife that is also the title of the CD, Esos Labios.”
“Candy” is a catchy cumbia that showcases Treviño’s unique style and classic sound. “Orgullosa Mujer” and “Mi Maestra” were the previous singles released from the album.
LISTEN: Pio Treviño Y Majic — “Candy”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- ‘Desvelado’ songwriter confirms Bobby Pulido song is not about Selena
- Pop star Ally Brooke cites Tejano artists as early influences while growing up in San Antonio
- Johnny Arreola of Los Palominos releases second Christian album ‘Nomás Un Camino Hay’
- Tejano Nation adds three new show affiliates in El Paso, New Orleans and D.C.
- JR Gomez signs with Baby Grand Records, readies sophomore album