The “Magic Man” is one of the most well known and charismatic artists in Tejano music and the legendary crooner signed with Freddie Records last September, releasing a new album, Eso Labios, in March.
Treviño shared details on his new album and joining Freddie Records in a video posted to social media. “I’m so glad that I’m recording for Freddie Records,” he said. “I’ve been trying to get here for a while and I’m so proud.”
“I hope that everybody receives this CD and likes it,” he added. “It’s got about four of five cumbias, rancheras, it’s got a mariachi song in there. I also wrote a song for my wife that is also the title of the CD, Esos Labios.”
“Candy” is a catchy cumbia that showcases Treviño’s unique style and classic sound. “Orgullosa Mujer” and “Mi Maestra” were the previous singles released from the album.
LISTEN: Pio Treviño Y Majic — “Candy”
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Joe Lopez receives the COVID-19 vaccine, urges fans to do the same
- Fiesta Oyster Bake 2021 event canceled amid COVID-19 concerns
- Tejano All-Stars kickoff Official Latino Inaugural 2021 event with ‘America The Beautiful’ virtual performance
- Tejano All-Stars to join Official Latino Inaugural 2021: Inheritance, Resilience & Promise
- Cynthia Bustamante releases debut album ‘Renacer’