The “Magic Man” is one of the most well known and charismatic artists in Tejano music and the legendary crooner signed with Freddie Records last September, releasing a new album, Eso Labios, in March.
Treviño shared details on his new album and joining Freddie Records in a video posted to social media. “I’m so glad that I’m recording for Freddie Records,” he said. “I’ve been trying to get here for a while and I’m so proud.”
“I hope that everybody receives this CD and likes it,” he added. “It’s got about four of five cumbias, rancheras, it’s got a mariachi song in there. I also wrote a song for my wife that is also the title of the CD, Esos Labios.”
“Candy” is a catchy cumbia that showcases Treviño’s unique style and classic sound. “Orgullosa Mujer” and “Mi Maestra” were the previous singles released from the album.
LISTEN: Pio Treviño Y Majic — “Candy”
Follow Tejano Nation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and podcast on iHeartRadio.
- Tejano Conjunto Festival celebrates 40th anniversary with live music, film festival + more in San Antonio on May 16-22
- Country Music Legend’s Death Spurs Conversation on Lethal Means Safety, Mental Health, and Suicide
- Veteran Owned Coffee Company Taps Into Tejano Culture
- Tejano Next Generation Artists Participate in Donation of Instruments to San Antonio High School Conjunto Program
- Jarritos and Rodri Entertainment Launch Mariachi USA Talent Search