Latin pop artist Frankie J premiered the video for “La Farsante,” a song off his album released in May, Canciones Que Recuerdo, a collection of timeless standards that jump genres from mariachi to bolero to ballads.
Frankie J’s third single and video from Canciones is the emotive mariachi tune, “La Farsante,” made famous by the late iconic Mexican singer Juan Gabriel that speaks from a scorned lover’s perspective.
In Frankie J’s version, he belts out the notes with power and passion, even throwing in a growl, as he promises to teach his lying lover a lesson for her misbehavior and treachery.
The video, shot in Los Angeles, includes scenes in the historic Miracle Mile, where Frankie J walks, as he sings, among ivory columns. He is dressed in a checkered, tweed suit and looks suave, even driving a glossy red Lamborghini through the nighttime city streets.
Like a mini Hollywood movie, complete with fast edits, pained expressions, and gorgeous model/actors, the video entertains and excites with Frankie J as the focal point.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Premios Juventud 2020 honors Selena with star-studded performance [VIDEO]
- Carlos ‘Charly Boy’ Escamilla of Super Sueño dies from complications of COVID-19
- Yeisi releases debut album ‘Romance Tejano’
- Ray Ray premieres ‘Ven Ven Ven’ single and music video
- Stevie D drops teaser of ‘La Última Vez’ as the single is released to radio