Guerrero shared the news via social media along with a photo of the new bundle of joy. He announced Alexandria Heaven Guerrero was born early Sunday morning, “Daddy’s little princess came into this world with tears rolling down my eyes watching my Queen @liagallardomusic giving birth naturally with no epidural was very hard to see,” he said. “That pain of giving birth naturally after seeing it I would not wish on anyone. I have a newfound respect for women.”
This couple’s son, Antonio, was born in October 2018.
Lia G joined Tortilla Factory as lead female vocalist in September 2018 and released her debut single, “Carino De Mis Carinos,” with the band a year later that was produced by 14-time Grammy-winning producer Gilbert Velasquez.
“I know Tony ‘Ham’ Guerrero and Bobby Butler, a.k.a. ‘Charro Negro’ are our angels up in heaven guiding us,” Guerrero told Tejano Nation. “We are currently working on our next album, where Lia and I will be re-recording all of Tortilla Factory’s greatest hits.”
The next generation of Tortilla Factory will pay tribute to the original band, the three-time Grammy-nominated band that emerged in the 1970s with their signature sound of Latin soul featuring red hot rhythms and brassy Tejano melodies lead by trumpet player Tony “Ham” Guerrero and vocalist Bobby Butler, a.k.a. “El Charro Negro”, who have both since passed away. The Tortilla Factory legacy continues.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- DJ Kane drops video teaser of ‘Con Limon Y Sal’ featuring Erick of Massore and Baby Bash
- Selena true-crime podcast series earns ‘Best Podcast’ at inaugural B+C Awards
- Shelly Lares opens up the vault to offer fans rare, exclusive items
- Rose Elva & The Crew release single and video ‘Solo En Mis Sueños’
- Fauci to address the disproportionate spread of COVID among Hispanics and all minorities in TAMACC webinar