Netflix will highlight the life of late bicultural icon Selena Quintanilla-Perez in Selena: The Series to be released later this year.
Texas native Ricardo Chavira will portray Selena’s father, Abraham Quintanilla, and the Desperate Housewives actor tells San Antonio TV station KENS 5 about what Selena fans can expect from the upcoming series.
“The one thing that you’re going to get more out of this I think than any other story or movie that you have seen is the beginning,” he said. “When she was young and when they over in Lake Jackson and Houston and the move from there to Corpus and all of that. We’re covering that a lot more thank I think it ever has been covered. What it took for her to become what she became.”
Chavira also spoke about his role as Selena’s father, working with other members of the cast and much more.
The series, which stars Walking Dead actress Christian Serratos as Selena, was shooting in Mexico but has been on hiatus during the current coronavirus worldwide pandemic.
Selena: The Series is expected to be released on Netflix this year, but the streaming giant has not yet revealed the specific date.
Like Tejano Nation on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up with everything Tejano. Listen to new Tejano music first with our playlists on Spotify and Soundcloud.
- Ceci Zavala drops electrocumbia version of ‘Tik Tok’ for solo debut single
- DJ Kane returns with feel-good optimistic track ‘Bajo Las Estrellas’ ft. Prana
- Monica Saldivar releases video for breakup song ‘Revolución’
- AJ Castillo returns to stage at Buck’s Backyard in Buda on Oct. 3
- DJ Kane drops video teaser of ‘Con Limon Y Sal’ featuring Erick of Massore and Baby Bash